Welcome to the CEA Family,
We are so excited for this season and look forward to receiving your video tryout! As we go through submissions, we will reach out to the contact provided if we need more information. You can check the website on May 14th by midnight to find your team evaluation day and time. The Teal Reveal results will also be posted on the website on June 12th by midnight for those unable to attend in person.
Click Here to View our 2023-2024 Tryout Packet
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR VIDEO SUBMISSION:
SKILLS (check out the tumble information on page 4 of the Tryout Packet):
- Standing Tumbling (up to 3 passes)
- NEW THIS SEASON: We are giving each level a mandatory standing pass to counts/they must tumble on time to receive full credit. (BWO: backwalkover, BHS: Back Handspring)
- Level 1 prep: Cartwheel BWO
- Level 1: 2 BWO connected
- Level 2 prep: BWO BHS
- Level 2: BHS stepout/BWO/BHS
- Level 3: BHS stepout 2 BHS
- Level 4: BHS Tuck
- Level 5: 2 to layout
- Level 6: 2 to full (standing to double)
- Worlds: 1 to full (standing to double)
- Running Tumbling (up to 3 passes)
- Jumps – Hurdle/Toe Touch Combination
- Body Positions (for flyers only)
- Heel stretch on both legs, scale, scorpion/needle, arabesque, bow & arrow
- Stunt Videos
- Skills Required for the Level in which you are trying out
- Baskets (for flyers only)
For Athletes trying out by Video for NON Worlds Teams:
Videos can be of the athletes tumbling WITHIN the last season of cheer. If you attach a TEAM video, you must specify WHERE your child starts in the routine (middle panel/far right panel in the back) and which stunt group they are in for elite stunt and in what stunt position**
*****Ready to submit your video tryout? Click here!
New this season!
For Athletes trying out by Video for WORLDS Teams:
Send in a skills video by Friday to Coach Chase at Mcburris@me.com
and we will respond by Saturday evening to let you know if we can offer you a spot on our roster based on your video.
SSX-Small Senior 6
Smoex-Senior Coed 6
CODE BLACK/COUGARS (Intl Non-Tumble 6)
Please submit a video of you flying, basing or back-spotting any or all of the following skills: (If you are more than one stunt position, feel free to submit videos showcasing your versatility)
- Double up, Full Up switch up to body position, High to High Tick Tock, Spinning Tick Tock, Rewind, Inversion (hand in hand or from shoulder), Rewind for International Divisions, etc.
- Flyers must show all body positions from an extended stunt (Heel stretch on both legs, scale, scorpion/needle, arabesque, bow & arrow)
OPTIONAL HOUSING INFORMATION:
Under 18 and interested in cheering on a Worlds Team at CEA Raleigh? From out of town? Need housing?
***Optional house is only for Worlds Team athletes under the age of 18.***
Follow these steps:
- Click here to complete this interest form.
- Please submit an athlete introduction video via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- (click here to see a sample video to help guide you)
- Click here to review the Hosted Athlete Contract that will be required once your athlete is assigned to a host family.
CEA Raleigh Staff